Baptism in water by immersion, is a direct commandment of our Lord, and is for Believers only. The ordinance is a symbol of the Christian’s identification with Christ in His death, burial and resurrection. (Matt. 28:19; Rom. 6:4; Col. 2:12; Acts 8:36-39). They are held quarterly during the 10AM Worship Service at Lakewin Christian Center. You are encouraged to invite family and friends to attend and celebrate your significant decision.
Baptismal Candidates Must:
- Be a member of Lakewin Christian Center.
- Be at least 3 years old or older.
- Download and return completed form to the church office.
- Await an email confirmation of your scheduled baptismal date. Please reply receipt of email.
Instructions for Baptism Day:
- All candidates will be scheduled a date and time to arrive.
- Candidates should come dressed in the appropriate baptismal attire (white shirt or white Tee, khaki or white pants, long white skirt or dress, white socks, dark under garments and flip/flop/slip-on shoes with rubber soles).
- Candidates should bring (2) white towels and a change of clothes for service.
- Candidates will sit in a designated section together with others being baptized.
Baptism In The Holy Ghost
The Baptism in the Holy Ghost and fire is a gift from God as promised by the Lord Jesus Christ to all Believers in this dispensation and is received subsequent to the New Birth. This experience is accompanied by the initial evidence of speaking in other tongues as the Holy Spirit Himself gives utterance (Matt. 3:11; John 14:16,17; Acts 1:8; Acts 2:38,39; Acts 19:1-7; Acts 2:1-4).